Friday, August 17, 2012

Easy Resturant Style Salsa

Like I said before.  I have 50+ tomatoes and I wanted to get my salsa on.
I LOVE fresh salsa and when I came across The Pioneer Woman's Restaurant Style Salsa I knew I had to try it.
Tried it.
Loved it.
But would change a few things based on my own personal preference.  See those Astrix's?  Those are the things I would change. 
Instead of a can of tomatoes I used the fresh tomatoes.  I used about 10 tomatoes that were ready to party.
This salsa had some heat to it and I think so that I could kiss my husband I would cut the Jalapeno in half or not use it at all.


*1 can (28 oz) Whole Tomatoes with juice
2 cans (10 oz) Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies.  One mild, one original
1/4 cup diced white onion
1 clove garlic, minced
*1 whole Jalapeno, quartered and sliced thin
1/4 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/2 cup Cilantro (more to taste!)
1/2 whole Lime Juice

(1) Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, Jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice and cilantro in a food processor.  Pulse until you get the desired consistency you'd like.
(2) Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour.  Serve with tortilla chips.


No comments:

Post a Comment