Just like she stated, it is time consuming but very easy to put together. If you don't have time to make the peppermint bark - cheat and go buy some. If you do want to make your own may I suggest just buying a regular Hershey's dark chocolate bar for the dark chocolate - seriously you'll only need one and it's far less expensive then buying a box of dark chocolate.
Make the day before you plan to serve it as it will need time to chill.
(Step 1) Peppermint Bark:
· 4 oz. dark chocolate, melted mixed with ½ tsp. vegetable oil. Mix in 1/8 tsp. peppermint extract. Spread thin over a sheet of wax paper that is on a baking sheet. Chill for 15 minutes.
· Melt 4 oz. white chocolate with ½ tsp. vegetable oil. Spread over chilled dark chocolate layer and immediately top with crushed candy canes. Chill until solid.
(Step 2) Crust Ingredients:
2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9” spring-form pan with 2 sheets of tin foil.
· In a food processor, blend cookies until only fine crumbs remain. Add melted butter. Blend.
· Transfer crumb mixture to spring-form pan. Evenly disperse crumbs.
· Using a flat bottom cup, press down to create an even crust. Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside.
(Step 3) Filling Ingredients:
3, 8-oz bars of cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
4 oz. white chocolate, melted
1 ½ Tbsp. flour
1 ½ Tbsp. heavy cream
¼ tsp. salt
2 tsp. peppermint extract
½ batch of peppermint bark.
· Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
· Cut up peppermint bark into small pieces. Set aside.
· Begin melting 4 oz. white chocolate. Using a double boiler melt over simmering water. Stir until fully melted.
· In a stand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar. Mix well. Scrape bowl well prior to each new addition.
· Add melted chocolate, flour, whipping cream, salt and peppermint extract. Mix well.
· On medium/low speed, add one egg at a time. Mix until smooth and blended well. DO NOT OVER BEAT.
· Fold in remaining peppermint bark pieces by hand.
· Transfer to spring-form pan to a large pan that it can nest in. Pour filling into crust. Add enough hot water to reach half way up the sides of your spring-form pan.
· Carefully place in center of oven. Bake at 325 for 1 hour.
· Turn off oven. Keeping the door shut leave the cheesecake in the oven for an additional 45 minutes.
· Remove and allow to sit for at least one hour before chilling. Chill overnight or at least 6 hours.
(Step 4) Mouse Ingredients:
½ cup Cool Whip, softened
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 oz. white chocolate, melted
1 ½ Tbsp. sugar
½ tsp. peppermint extract
· In a medium bowl beat softened cream cheese, melted white chocolate, cool whip, sugar and vanilla until smooth and slightly thickened.
· Carefully remove sides of spring-form pan. Spread mousse mixture evenly over cheesecake.
· Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
· Serve slices with remaining peppermint bark.